I’ve been neglecting this blog as I get settled back in Minneapolis, catch a stride contracting, and cross things off my to-do list. Usually people take a break from blogging when they feel uninspired, which couldn’t be further from the truth of my situation. I love being back in a city with it’s flurry of activity, the design shown in everything from the architecture to the bold outfit choices. In the book The Hours by Micheal Cunningham the character Clarrisa internally declares her admiration for the city, while simultaneously scolding herself for this love as one for the “dupped and the simpleminded”. I keep being reminded of this passage as a I go about my business. “Must be indifferent,” I tell myself, “or they’ll never take you seriously”.
Here’s a glimpse into what I’ve been up to:
1. My brother helping my cat and me move our stuff from Florida back to Minnesota. I know I shouldn’t be Instagraming while driving, but they just looked so cute.
2. Having just spent 2 hours climbing the tallest cliff in the world.
3. Visiting Fimreite – my homeland
4. Ran my first 5K, and managed it in a tutu.
5. I went to Portland where I hiked, went to the largest book store in the world, and saw Brian Posehn.
6. Did another 5k, this time with obstacles and a buddy (my brother). Not pictured – My third 5k – Warrior Dash in September. I never thought running was for me, so this was a BIG accomplishment.
7. There were a few trips down to Iowa to reconnect with old college friends. This picture is of the sunset driving down there. Reminds me of Don Quixote fighting dragons.
8. I went to New York to visit my friend Stephen. Here he’s pictured at Baby Cakes which is my favorite bakery in the world.