Take a trip to my happy place.
Ya’ll got your costumes picked out? I wanted to be either Edie Sedgwick or Uma Thurman’s character from Pulp Fiction, but alas, I decided to go with a group of girls as trolls. Not scary trolls, the ones with little jewels in their stomachs – pictures to follow.
I wanted to be Edie, not just because I love the movie Factory Girl, but also because Warhol is becoming re-popular. Take CNN’s article where they discuss Cambell’s new can design commemorating the 50th anniversary of Warhol’s famed art piece “32 Campbell’s Soup Cans”. Viva la pop art!
You can have your 15 minutes of fame too with this Edie costume. Best yet, you can wear the pieces well after Halloween!
1. Leggings: No Nonsense
2. Faux Fur Coat: Nasty Gal
3. Chandelier Earrings: Stella & Dot
4. Dress: Tobi
5. Liquid Eyeliner: Benefit
Need more Warhol? Check out these links – compliments of my friend Stephen:
Pink is known for having a calming effect, and for being the most romantic of the colors. This is why when you juxtapose it with something peculiar, or with something frozen in motion, it’s especially interesting. Side note: they used to use pink in the rooms for crazy inmates with the intent of calming them down (similarly with guest locker rooms for opposing teams in football), but they found that after you get used to the pink, it actually has the opposite effect. People became MORE aggressive. This is a result of the emotional claustrophobia caused by too much pink. Is that why Pink’s music makes me so mad? She’s been doing that song and dance for YEARS.
Today is my 11/12ths birthday, which means my 25th birthday is only a month away. Despite getting made fun of for it, I will be sending out invites. Want to get a sneak peek?
It’s also about that time my mom starts asking what I want. The top of my list includes:
1. Books. Preferably cool copies of my favorites like Alice and Wonderland.
2. Stuff for my upcoming trip to Norway, like this Patagonia Sunshade Hoody. It provides 30SPF, which will come in handy with all the hiking.
3. A puppy. This might need to wait until I find a new place up in Minnesota.
4. Cute outfit items that can be worn for casual patio brunches with the girls. This Doting Dots Skirt is perfect.
5. Platform heels. These two years in Florida have gotten me jaded from flip-flops. Shoes like these Jeffrey Cambell Litas scream city life.
For more of my birthday wish list, go here.
I wanted to take some time out to highlight The Nerdery, an interactive development firm that occasionally does this thing called an Overnight Website Challenge. What they do is volunteer to spend 24 hours fixing up nonprofit sites, and whoa, do they put that time to good use. Here are some of my favorites:
I’ve never really been into those home renovation shows on HGTV, but THIS I could get into.